Welcome to I'm an Engineer Get me out of here!
About I’m an Engineer
I’m an Engineer is like school lessons meet the X Factor! School students choose which engineer gets a prize of £500 to communicate their work.
Engineers and students talk on this website. They both break down barriers, have fun and learn. But only the students get to vote.
This zone is the Measurement Zone. It has a range of engineers working on all different topics. Who gets the prize? YOU decide!
The Electromagnetic Zone is sponsored by the Science & Technology Facilities Council, whose research ranges from electrons moving at near the speed of light, neutrinos that seem to go faster than the speed of light, and smashing subatomic particles together to study the early Universe to using beams of subatomic particles to read scrolls that are over 1000 years old – without even opening them.
You can find out more about STFC work from soaps and shampoos to power stations, and visiting STFC facilities to experiment with hydrogen cars, shaker tables, cathode ray tubes and more!
Get On Board!
Would I'm an Engineer be great at your school?
Get your teacher to sign up now by sending them this link -
- why is it that to get a job in the field of engineering is becoing tougher and tougher
- What is Bond-villain lair? :)
- What time do you have to wake up in the morning?
- what’s the odd-est thing you’ve ever had to do?
- What is the difference between engineering and science? (1 Comment)
- what do you think the world would be like without engineers??????
- who is your favourite singer?
- Is there many other women work as engineers?
- What’s the most dangerous thing you’ve done whilst being an engineer?
- With the improvement of motor vehicles is the joining of mechanical engineering and programming a vital part of future (1 Comment)